Fasbol Rules & Respect
- There is a 4 second limit on every restart (other than kick-offs or PK)
- No throw in, but kick in (4 seconds for kick in, ball & foot on line or behind, if not field, re-do but time adds from the first attempt)
- Goals cannot be scored directly from kick-ins
- No goal kick but goal clearance (goalkeeper rolls/throws the ball with hands) Cannot drop-kick or punt. If goal clearance is longer than 4 seconds = indirect free kick
- Substitutions are made “on the fly” (player has to leave the field before the other comes in)
- Upon a team’s 6th accumulated foul in each half, the defending team cannot build a wall to block the kick
- No offside rule
- For free kicks, kick in, corner kick, and kick-offs – opponents have to be at least 5 m (16 ft) away from the ball
- In a penalty kick, all players other than the player taking the kick must be 5 m behind the ball
- The rest of the soccer rules apply (penalty kick, indirect/direct free kick).
- Red card = players leave court and bench, 2 minutes play one player down, can send new player after 2 minutes or after scored upon
- Whistle only necessary with a penalty and kick-off
- Direct kick – referee counts chest level to horizontal
- The goalkeeper has to be on line for the first penalty mark and can move outside for the second penalty mark (as long as 5 meters behind the ball)
- Players can wear casts (no metal, and padded, staff assessed)
- Only goalkeepers can wear long pants
- Goalkeepers have only 4 seconds with their feet in their own half
- No time out per game
- No switching of benches between halves.
- Games are 2 periods of 25 minutes running clock with 3 minutes at half time
- Ball does not have to cross half line nor touch an opposing player for a player to pass ball back to goalkeeper.
- Goalkeepers CAN NOT throw the ball higher than 6 feet
- No sliding tackling other than GK
- No heavy shoulder charging
- No heading rule for U11 and under
- Positive sportsmanship, please see league policies for more.
- Referee’s decisions are final, please respect their decision
- All About 6th Foul
- Can a goal be scored directly from a goal clearance (goalies throw it with hands to the other side: NO
- Can goalkeepers pick up the ball with their hands if their player passes back: NO, this is the same as outdoors
- Can you score from a kickoff: Yes
- Can you pass the ball back to the goalkeeper, without the ball first crossing half of the line or touching the opponent: Yes, this is a house rule